@ Prabhakar Nagral, did this work for you?

@ José Tomás Atria

I can confirm that switching off fglrx power saving takes care of the
problem for me.  Further I have found that it only affects me if I boot
with power saving enabled.  If I boot with power saving off, then turn
it on from Catalyst I don't have the leak.

If I neglect to switch it off before turning the computer off, then the
next time I boot up the memory leak will be present.  This can be
alleviated at that time by turning power saving off.

One issue is that I now have:

[fglrx:fireglAsyncioIntEnableMsgHandler] *ERROR* interrupt source
ff000066 is not supported on this hardware (return code = 1)

showing up in my syslog when I boot, and on moving the mouse after
issuing the command "sleep 1 && xset dpms force off"  via terminal.

Van

--
[M76] [ubuntu 9.04] slow unminimizing with ati card and desktop effects enabled
which is subscribed to fglrx-installer in ubuntu.