On an SDTV (standard definition), I have managed to get the screen resolution
up to about 650x500 or thereabouts. It is usable, but many windows are not
scaling to fit the screen. The virtual resolution in fbset was set to the same
resolution as the TV. I cannot see any utilities to manage this, or any way to
drag the windows above the top GNOME panel to be able to click "Next".
Particularly in Evolution it is really terrible. Would the UNR version of
programs provide any better solutions?
This isn't a question, but a believe it to be a bug, or flaw in the design.
Hope to hear some help soon. Thank you. :)

** Affects: metacity

** Affects: xorg (Ubuntu)

--
[jaunty][ppc64] On SDTV on PS3 many windows are unmanageable
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/409548