@15

> Rejecting the Lucid task; this has an easy work-around (using the
32bit version), and we don't seem likely to have a fix in time.

Unfortunately this is not true for my special case, since the 32 bit
versions has other problems.

E.g. you can try to open the projects/contests/nao_robocup/nao2.wbt file
with webots and you will get a invalid memory reference (with some ELF64
errors before)

tho...@tk-laptop:~/opt/webots32$ ./webots
/usr/lib/gio/modules/libgioremote-volume-monitor.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
Failed to load module: /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgioremote-volume-monitor.so
/usr/lib/gio/modules/libgvfsdbus.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
Failed to load module: /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgvfsdbus.so
/usr/lib/gio/modules/libgiogconf.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
Failed to load module: /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgiogconf.so
An invalid memory reference occured.
Please report this error to http://www.cyberbotics.com/bug/
This will help us improving this software. Thank you.

The invalid memory reference seems to be a bug of Webots, but
unfortunally this means it is not usable under Lucid for more complex
tasks than a very simple demo behavior without any camera.

My statement in the bug description claiming "The 32 bit version works
fine under the same 64 bit system." just means the rendering is working
without freezing the system, not that you have an usable Webots program.

--
[i965] 64 bit Webots simulator freezes system with Intel GM965
which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-intel in ubuntu.