how can this bug possibly be marked "invalid"??

I had a system running just fine 9.04, answered "yes" to upgrade to
9.10, went through that process for awhile, rebooted, and now the only
way I can use my computer is ssh in from remote because the local
display is either flickering like mad or completely blank (after
renaming/deleting xorg.conf). So yes "upgrade breaks graphic drivers and
x, preventing login or startx" is true and real.

I feel for the maintainer(s) whose nerves worn to a nub. A whole lot of
people complaining at you and expecting you to fix their pain is *not*
fun, or easy. That does not make the users pain irrelevant or not real
though. So if you've had enough, say so. If you don't have the
time/energy/resources/motivation to fix the problem, say that. Please
don't tell us the bug does not exist, I'm staring right it and so are a
lot of others.

--
upgrade breaks graphic drivers and x, preventing login or startx
which is subscribed to xorg in ubuntu.