This bug is the most frustrating kind, since it seems to be completely
random. Sometimes, it doesn't happen for days, sometimes it happens
within a matter of hours, and it doesn't seem to matter what I have
open. I tried the nohz=off trick, but who knows if it worked or not? I
guess if I go more than a week without a freeze, I will consider it
successful.

Other than this bug, 10.04 is pretty damn fantastic!

--
Ubuntu 10.04 random freezes
which is subscribed to xorg-server in ubuntu.