Mmm... <sarcasm>perhaps I should just reopen the bug so we can get a
response</sarcasm>

You know, in my opinion this is a critical bug. There are _many_ people
right on this very bug and others who have been reporting crashes after
the supposed fix was released. I'm guessing that the fix just didn't cut
it for these people?

I'll wait another few days, and then I'll probably either repoen this or
open a new one, depending on the status of these bugs.

--
Plymouth text-mode splash causes X to crash on first run due to shared tty7
which is subscribed to xorg-server in ubuntu.