Albert, I don't think they will *decide* not to repair the bug. It's a
pretty obvious one. It still seems to affect a small number of users,
though, so it might not get the priority we would like. But these sort
of problems often get fixed by the next release.

If you're still doing (re)installs and you would prefer Gnome, I
recommend you go with 10.04. It's an LTS release and works great. I
don't see what you would be missing from 10.10. It brought me nothing
but trouble. I would go back to 10.04 if I had the patience for a clean
install.

--
Meerkat (10.10) does not apply theme properly
which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers-180 in ubuntu.