Does anybody find a solution for this bug? Or everybody just puts up with this?
(its status is still "New" after almost three weeks)
 ============
Dell Studio 1558
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU
BIOS version: A11
02:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Manhattan [Mobility
Radeon HD 4500 Series]

Ubuntu Maverick 10.10
Linux 2.6.35-22-generic #35-Ubuntu x86_64 GNU/Linux

My laptop keeps freezing within 5minutes since logging in, no matter if
I boot the machine without charger or I take off the charger after
logging in. (And no matter if the Compiz is on or off, I tried Gnome
Safe Mode without charger and it freezes within 5 minutes as well)

It looks like the whole system freezes since it no longer responds to
ping/ssh requests after the X freezes.

--
System freezes when running on battery
which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-ati in ubuntu.