On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 09:30:07AM +1100, Christopher James Halse Rogers wrote:
> > I'd agree.  Plus it'll be easier to explain "we're carrying 2.4.18 minus
> > patch foo".
> >
> > Which is the commit(s) that needs reverted?
>
> libdrm would need b496c63143e9a4ca02011582329bce2df99d9b7c and I think
> also 88e8a8bbaf026aa10225880001ab7ca1c392168a reverted.

Wow, that first one is definitely a pretty significant api bump!

> If we're comfortable with pulling from the nouveau kernel tree[1] for
> linux-backports-modules-nouveau, then going over the API bump would
> indeed make cherry-picking and backporting fixes easier.  The API bump
> hasn't made it out of that tree yet, as far as I'm aware.

Hrm, that kind of sucks.  But it does seem like digesting the change now
would be easier than getting painted into a corner and have to pull it
in post-release or something messy like that.

However, maybe it'd make sense to let the kernel drm 2.6.33 backporting
stuff get settled out first?  So put in libdrm 2.4.18 without these two
patches for alpha-3 so we'll have the fixes for testers, and then after
a3 is out do the API update?

Bryce