Chris,

Are Geir Ove and I the only responses you've gotten so far? It sounded like
this was upstream's potential solution for all this i8xx drama (more so than
the gtt incoherency patch even), so widespread testing would be very nice.

You might think about also posting this message at
ubuntu...@lists.ubuntu.com, the Ubuntu Forums (at least the Maverick Testing
forum, maybe the general Graphics forum too), and also on the i855 and i845
meta-bugs ([1] and [2]). I'm happy to help forward to these places if you
decide it's worth doing.

If you do decide to post this in multiple places, it also wouldn't be a bad
idea to create a wiki page to centralize the feedback so they're not
scattered in different places. Geir Ove has a nice one for i945 here [3],
with description and installation instructions, a results table, and general
comments; this wouldn't be a bad idea to replicate.

-Steven

[1]:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-intel/+bug/541511
[2]: