On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 12:50:25PM -0400, Steven wrote:
> Chris,
>
> Are Geir Ove and I the only responses you've gotten so far? It sounded like
> this was upstream's potential solution for all this i8xx drama (more so than
> the gtt incoherency patch even), so widespread testing would be very nice.

If we fail to see sufficient interest in helping with doing testing,
then that's going to make it very hard to justify putting Canonical time
into supporting 8xx chips going forward.

Frankly, we're really on the verge of dropping support for 8xx, this was
kind of an unexpected surprise to see upstream attention at providing a
new solution, but it is really going to need strong community backup to
support it.

Bryce