On Fri, Jun 06, 2008 at 12:49:33PM +0200, Carmelo AMOROSO wrote:
>Bernd Schmidt wrote:
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>
>>> Author: vda
>>> Date: 2008-06-06 00:25:12 -0700 (Fri, 06 Jun 2008)
>>> New Revision: 22244
>>>
>>> Log:
>>> Use more natural way to return a value in __read_etc_hosts_r:

hah. vda bashing! ;) No, serious:

In file included from libc/inet/read_etc_hosts_r.c:8:
libc/inet/resolv.c:1549: warning: 'visibility' attribute ignored on non-class
types

I think i did not see this before you recently touching that resolv
mess.

PS:
You know that i usually do not blindly rewrite stuff, but the resolver
code is really an ugly and bloated mess (and doesn't even work for
IPv6-only), but this time i think it would be saner to write this thing
from scratch and not try to beat it into shape.

See ifenslave for an example if somebody beats something into shape.
While the task itself is not really rocket-science and should fit in
let's say 1.4kB _at_most_, the current crap uses 2.6kB, is ugly as hell
and all around bad. Let's not do such stuff, please. There is no point
in it and in the end, no benefit either to have something like that.