Bernhard Fischer wrote:
> PS:
> You know that i usually do not blindly rewrite stuff, but the resolver
> code is really an ugly and bloated mess (and doesn't even work for
> IPv6-only), but this time i think it would be saner to write this thing
> from scratch and not try to beat it into shape.

Surely this kind of thing is a solved problem - is the glibc code
something that we could adapt instead?  Or maybe one of the BSDs has
improvements?  No sense in reinventing the wheel.

Bernd
--
This footer brought to you by insane German lawmakers.
Analog Devices GmbH      Wilhelm-Wagenfeld-Str. 6      80807 Muenchen