Bernhard Reutner-Fischer wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 04:57:41AM +0100, Denys Vlasenko wrote:
>> Sometime ago I removed string.h related libc_hidden_proto's.
>> There were a few bumps, but nothing tragic.
>>
>> So now it sits half-done, something like:

>> /* Experimentally off - libc_hidden_proto(strlen) */
>> /* Experimentally off - libc_hidden_proto(strncat) */
>> /* Experimentally off - libc_hidden_proto(strncpy) */
>> /* libc_hidden_proto(strnlen) */
>> /* Experimentally off - libc_hidden_proto(strstr) */
>> /* Experimentally off - libc_hidden_proto(strcasecmp) */
>> libc_hidden_proto(socket)
>> libc_hidden_proto(close)
>> libc_hidden_proto(fopen)
>> libc_hidden_proto(fclose)
>> libc_hidden_proto(random)
>>
>> Unless there are some big pending merges which would
>> rather see it postponed, I will start removing the rest of them.
>
> Carmelo promised to bring the NPTL branch up to date WRT trunk so
> we could start reviewing the NPTL changes. Carmelo, would you mind
> Denys continuing with the hidden_proto removal now or would it be
> better if we would postpone this some more?
Please, go ahead... I'll try to keep aligned with Denys changes.

I'm synchronizing nptl branch almost on directory basis.

Each commit is guarantee to build (on sh at least), but being these
changes no TLS and/or NPTL related, I'm pretty sure the branch should
continue working for arm and mips too.

Cheers,
Carmelo