On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 09:47:04AM +1000, David McCullough wrote:
> If someone wants to work up a patch for the uclinux.org version that
> fixes this (but still has a configure option or something to allow it to
> be used for older toolchains with busted CTOR/DTOR support) I will gladly
> add it.

Would be neat if it could detect it somehow at runtime.

> Not everyone using it is running gcc-4.3, linux-2.6, m68k or blackfin,  and
> this is why it's not always easy getting patches changes back in.

Certainly true, but at the same time until it is fixed no one is going
to use gcc 4.3 either.  No one is forcing anyone to update to the newest
version of elf2flt, but it sure would be nice that if you upgrade you
get one that works with current tools.

> If a patch is relatively easy to review and fairly obviously safe or in the
> right direction,  it goes in :-)
>
> As for the elf2flt version numbers,  they were previously done as
> date-stamped releases shipped with toolchains off uclinux.org.  But I
> haven't done anything with toolchains for some time,  and the CVS
> version would be the "ideal" starting point unless you are looking
> at old toolchains.

Of course.  Hard to test things though given I only have a couple
of platforms I could test on, which is nowhere near all the possible
combinations.

--
Len Sorensen