Mike Frysinger wrote:
On Thursday 30 April 2009 08:57:14 Bernd Schmidt wrote:
Thierry Reding wrote:
You use "git fetch" to update the local repository with the latest
changes from the remote repository, then use "git rebase origin/master"
to rebase all local commits onto the master branch of the origin
repository. origin/master can of course be substituted with any other
branch as well.

After that you can "git push" your new branch to the remote repository.
That seems to have worked.  Still, I have to ask:  Do people really find
this easier and more reliable to use than "svn update"?

migrating to git from svn isnt because we think the pushing/pulling steps are simpler -- everyone knows git/dscms are more complicated in this regard and a noticeable hurdle for people who have only worked with centralized scms. the reasons for git over svn were covered earlier in the thread. in my mind, git is the hands down solution for these projects.

Well, ease of use was among the reasons listed. I find this puzzling as my experience with git has been one of incomprehensible error messages and repo corruption at the slightest provocation. However, I don't contribute enough to uClibc for it to be a major inconvenience for me.

Bernd
--
This footer brought to you by insane German lawmakers.
Analog Devices GmbH      Wilhelm-Wagenfeld-Str. 6      80807 Muenchen