Commit 4916fd88 (present in v0.9.32, but not in v0.9.32-rc3) created a
new dependency on libgcc_eh.a for the final link stage:

uClibc-0.9.32/libubacktrace/Makefile.in:

ifeq ($(CONFIG_ARM_EABI),y)
LIBGCC += $(shell $(CC) -print-file-name=libgcc_eh.a)
endif

I build gcc stage 1 with --disable-shared, which causes libgcc_eh.a
not to be built:

gcc-4.5.2/libgcc/Makefile.in:

ifeq ($(enable_shared),yes)
all: libgcc_eh.a libgcc_s$(SHLIB_EXT)

Therefore, I am not able to build uClibc 0.9.32 with my gcc stage 1
compiler.  This worked fine on uClibc 0.9.32-rc3.

I see that Rob Landley has patched his gcc source tree so that it
always builds libgcc_eh.a.  Is this the recommended procedure going
forward?

Rob: