On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 12:58 PM, Thomas Petazzoni
<thomas.petazz...@free-electrons.com> wrote:
> Rob Landley <r...@landley.net> a écrit :
>> I dunno about "recommended".  By who?  There are people using
>> buildroot (which is a repository accumulating build descriptions for
>> the "bitbake" build tool)
>
> Sorry to contradict, Buildroot is not related to bitbake in anyway.
> Buildroot is completely written in make and does not use any other
> external tool to process the package recipes.

BitBake is the tool around which the OpenEmbedded project was built.

I don't know which libc OE is using by default, but buildroot itself
only knows how to build uClibc based toolchains.  (Although it can
optionally use a prebuilt external toolchain or invoke crosstool-ng,
so you can still use it with glibc/eglibc.)

I suspect that buildroot is uClibc's biggest "customer."