Hi Erwin,

I think you are referring to the "dummy" byte at the beginning of every spi command which ensures the 8 clock cycles between all commands. I am not sure about the deactivated chip select, this is getting sent with an active chip select as part of the spi_message.

union mmc_spi_command {
        u8 buf[7];
        struct {
                u8 dummy;  <-- Here
                u8 code;
                u8 addr1;
                u8 addr2;
                u8 addr3;
                u8 addr4;
                u8 crc;
        } command;
};

Mike Lavender

Erwin Authried wrote:
Hello Steve,
does your driver take care about sending 8 clock cycles with deasserted
CS at the end of a transaction so that DO is tristated? I think that the
2.6 spi subsystem doesn't support sending clocks with deactivated
chipselect.

Regards,
Erwin