Hi

Quite curious What is the meaning of MTD_UCLINUX and MTD_PHYSMAP?

config MTD_PHYSMAP
        tristate "CFI Flash device in physical memory map"
        depends on MTD_CFI
        help
          This provides a 'mapping' driver which allows the CFI probe
and
          command set driver code to communicate with flash chips which
          are mapped physically into the CPU's memory. You will need to
          configure the physical address and size of the flash chips on
          your particular board as well as the bus width, either
statically
          with config options or at run-time.

Does it mean the flash chips mapped into the memory? The way we
communicate with the flash just is that access the RAM? Seems it is
another implementation of RAMDISK?

Then

What is the MTD_UCLINUX?

config MTD_UCLINUX
        tristate "Generic uClinux RAM/ROM filesystem support"
        depends on MTD_PARTITIONS && !MMU
        help
          Map driver to support image based filesystems for uClinux.

Really can not understand this....

If I just want to mount my flash (JFFS2) via the MTD driver into the
system, do I need these CONFIG_MTD_UCLINUX & CONFIG_MTD_PHYSMAP?

Thanks!
rui