Wolfang Denk's site is the place to go for PowerPC:

   http://www.denx.de/

cheers
rick

robert lazarski schrieb:
They do, but only 2.6.14 ;-( .

On 7/26/07, Andrew Webster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Try Freescale's web site, they probably have a linux distro (LTIB) for that
part.

Andrew

On 7/26/07, robert lazarski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I bottom post.

On 7/26/07, Robert S. Grimes <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
Probably because most PowerPC users seem to go full Linux and get the
virtual memory benefits.  It's what I would do.

Regards,
-Bob

By full linux, do you mean like 2.6.22 from kernel.org ? If so, pardon
my newbie question but I'm not sure how to get a .config for cross
compiling 85xx so I can run menuconfig . I can get busybox and such
from u-boot ELDK so really what I need is a recent kernel which has
the drivers I need. I got a commercial kernel but its only 2.6.16 :-(
.

Thanks!
Robert

robert lazarski wrote:
Is there some sort of philosophical  reason why uClinux doesn't have
any
PowerPC targets? Lack of interest? We've been lurking on this list and
seen a
great community, yet we're not aware of any active community-based
PowerPC
distro. If curious, We're developing for the MPC8548 and we're looking
for a
community based 2.6.20 or later kernel for it based on the CDS
reference.
Robert