Jivin Robert S. Grimes lays it down ...
> Probably because most PowerPC users seem to go full Linux and get the
> virtual memory benefits.  It's what I would do.

A common misconception is that the uClinux-dist is only for !MMU
systems :-)

If has support for all systems,  MMU and not.  In fact,  we do not even
build non MMU enabled systems and it's basically our source tree :-)

There are active targets in the tree for x86, m68knommu, armnommu, microblaze
arm, mips, superh and probably some more.

I'd imagine that at least half the targets are for MMU enabled systems.

To add PPC support would only require a few files and some setup time.

        create vendors/config/ppc (look at the arm or sh dirs)
        create target:

                vendors/Vendor/Board/*

                        Use another board as an example,  ask if you need to
find an
                        appropriate one.

Hopefully from there you can start configuring and building.  There is
doc in the toplevel Documentation dir that has more on this.

We would be more than happy to have people contributing PPC targets :-)

Cheers,
Davidm

> robert lazarski wrote:
> > Is there some sort of philosophical  reason why uClinux doesn't have any
> > PowerPC targets? Lack of interest? We've been lurking on this list and seen
> > great community, yet we're not aware of any active community-based PowerPC
> > distro. If curious, We're developing for the MPC8548 and we're looking for a
> > community based 2.6.20 or later kernel for it based on the CDS reference.
> >
> > Robert

David McCullough,  [EMAIL PROTECTED],   Ph:+61 734352815
Secure Computing - SnapGear  http://www.uCdot.org http://www.cyberguard.com