Quoth Bob Grimes:
> Okay, I think I accomplished all this, with much gnashing of teeth on
> this end.  At one point, nearly everything was giving me the
> BINFMT_FLT errors!!!  But I've finally gotten it rebuilt, and things
> seem somewhat better.  For example, another program I wrote in C looks
> like this from flthdr:
>
>     flthdr -p bin/simple
>         <snip>
>         Flags:    0x1 ( Load-to-Ram )
>
> I'm guessing that's what I want to see, right?  But when I run flthdr
> on my simple C++ hello world app, I still get this:
>
>     flthdr -p bin/hellocc
>         <snip>
>         Flags:    -x2 ( Has-PIC-GOT )

You need to make sure that none of the object files (including files from
libraries!) that went into building that app were compiled with -fpic,
-msep-data, -move-data, or similar options.  Hence the need to do a clean.

Another thing you'll need to be careful of is where you're getting your C++
library from -- sometimes the toolchain library gets picked up instead of
the uClinux library, which may have been compiled with different settings.

(And yes, you're right about the flags.  I've never managed to get a C++ app
with Has-PIC-GOT to work properly.  Maybe the actual problem is simple, but
I don't know enough about the linker internals to mess with it.)