I experienced the same on M5272 using the uclinux.org 4.1.1 compiler with
20070130 distro; all C++ programs refused to load.
At that time, I didn't feel like digging into the real cause, so I tried
CodeSourcery's version 4.2-8, which is freely available. A simple C++
program, compiled with the same set of flags, runs fine.
You might want to try that for a quick workaround.

Harry