Quoth Eftimovski, Ivica:
> I have also compiled and used the m68k-uclinux-tools-20061214
> (binutils-2.16, uClibc-20060608 and gcc-4.1.1), but caveat emptor: the
> cygwin shell parses text the DO$ way, and makefiles and .config will
> fail because of CR/LF in the text. You will have to remove CR/LF
> manually or find a good text editor under Windows.

Or stick to using Unix-based editors to edit Unix-based files, instead of
trying to mix-n-match.

FWIW, if you set Cygwin to DOS-style mode then you *will* be able to use
CRLF-style Windows editors on Makefiles without any problems (assuming they
also insert tabs as characters rather than spaces, of course).  But Cygwin's
default maintains binary compatibility and assumes you're only going to use
Cygwin-based tools on Cygwin-hosted files (or at least have an LF-aware
editor).