Jamie Lokier wrote:

I get an illegal instruction when using Linux Threads on ARM-nommu with
   arm-uclinux-elf-tools-base-gcc3.4.3-20050221.sh,

The illegal instruction happens before main(), and GDB cannot debug it.

If I use that compiler but with options to link to a uClibc from an
older toolchain distribution, it works.  (That's what I'm doing now.)

So it's possible your problem isn't lack of support, but a toolchain
that's broken somehow.  Have you tried using a different one?

Jamie,

What version of the uCLibc are you using that is functional for arm non-mmu. This sounds like the avenue i need to approach to solve my question.

tia - bob