Jivin Yuan-Lung Li lays it down ...
> Dear DavidM,
> I have other questions about the romfs.2.4.x.gz on the website
> http://www.uclinux.org/pub/uClinux/utilities/armulator/
>
> 1. What version of toolchain used to build the romfs.2.4.x?

Almost certainly something very old.  gcc-2.95.3 based,  probably this
one:

http://www.uclinux.org/pub/uClinux/arm-elf-tools/arm-elf-tools-20030314.sh

> 2. What kind of vendor setting used to build the romfs.2.4.x? GDB/ARMulator
> or GDB/ARMulator-EB?

Follow the ARMulator thread in this article:

        http://www.ucdot.org/archive/tb/tb20020807.shtml

This was done using uClinux-dist-20020701.

All the settings should be in the vendors/GDB/Armulator directory.  Edit
config.arch to enable/disable XIP.

> 3. Any other particular setting in menuconfigs to affect the romfs.2.4.x?
>
> Thank you in advance for kindly replying. :-)

All in the above,  sorry for a tardy response,  vacation time ;-)

Cheers,
Davidm

David McCullough,  david_mccullo...@securecomputing.com,   Ph:+61 734352815
Secure Computing - SnapGear  http://www.uCdot.org   http://www.snapgear.com