loody wrote:
> > Try adding "-mcpu=arm940t" to the GCC command, and remove
> > "-march=armv4t" and "-mtune=arm9tdmi" from it (your example has them).

> the situation is still the same when I follow the instructions you suggest.
> (I use Codesourcery gcc but assign buildroot lib.)

Ah...  The faulting instruction is probably in a library, probably uClibc.
The library needs to be compiled with the right CPU/arch options too.

If you're using buildroot, check it's using the right CFLAGS for your
chip when building uClibc.  Edit the buildroot script if necessary.

It could be in libgcc.a instead; that's more fiddly.  You might not be
able to use the precompiled GCC from Codesourcery if that's true.

-- Jamie