From: uclinux-dev-boun...@uclinux.org
[mailto:uclinux-dev-boun...@uclinux.org] On Behalf Of Allon Stern
Sent: Thursday, October 15, 2009 8:53 AM
To: uClinux development list
Subject: Re: [uClinux-dev] JFFS2 file corrupt at power down.

On Oct 14, 2009, at 1:04 PM, Allen Yang wrote:
> The problem I have now is sometimes the XML files get corrupted when
> board is powered down. The corrupt XML file size is 0 or only a
> portion
> of the good file size.
>
> Is JFFS2 supposed to be power down safe? Maybe I missed something when
> using JFFS2.

(thread hijacking aside)

I had a number of problems with JFFS2 on my uClinux board; we ended up
switching to UBIFS, which seems to handle powerdowns pretty well.

Filesystem notwithstanding, make sure that any changes you want
committed are followed up with an fsync. If you don't fsync, then
there's a chance that the write will be cached in memory and lost
before being stored persistently. This is true for any filesystem.

-
allon