>from Prasad - Monday, October 19, 2009 10:53 AM:
>I mean to ask, is there any advantage in using NOR-ECC flash agains
>regular NOR flash. Does the linux mtd driver/jffs2 differentiate it?

The "advantage" part depends on the needs of each system. Some benefits of
ECC are that it helps overcome problems with occasional false flash reads,
and buffered writing can be faster. Direct write through with NOR
dramatically reduces the chances of corruption due to an interrupted write.

Linux does determine if you have NOR-ECC and enables buffering. Buffering is
a must because you can call the file write function numerous times, even to
write one byte at a time. NOR-ECC only allows one write per page before an
erase so the writes are buffered before they are committed.

Keith Mund