> Hi Valentin,
>
> Valentin Favreau wrote:
> > I'm new on uClinux/coldifre and I have a problem with the GPIO.
> >
> > I found, on the Internet, that I just need to set up a pointer to the
> > I/O address to access to the I/O but when I run my application on
> > uClinux the error message "Memory Fault" appears and my application quit.
> >
> > Here is my simple test code:
> >
> > #define GPTADR (*(volatile unsigned char *)0x401a001d)
> > #define GPTADDR (*(volatile unsigned char *)0x401a001e)
> >
> > int main(void){
> >     GPTADDR = 0xFF;
> >
> >     return 0;
> > }
> >
> > I'm working on the DNP/5280 board, Coldfire 5282.
> > I use this command to compile my code:
> > m68k-uclinux-gcc -Wall -m5307 -Wl,-elf2flt -Os -o hello hello.c -lc
> >
> > Does anyone has an idea to solve my problem?
>
> On some platforms, this can be due to the protection register
> settings of some ColdFire CPU's. They will generate a trap on
> user mode access to system registers. (You can change this
> behavior so that they are allowed ofcourse - but the kernel
> will have to do it).
>
> Regards
> Greg

Greg -

I am attempting to use the hardware encryption support provided by the 5271 and
am running into this problem. (Access Error Exception when attempting to
read/write from userspace).  How can I modify the kernel to allow access to
0x40000000 through 0x401b009f ?

I have been poking through the kernel headers for hours now and I am still
clueless.  I believe I need to add the address range to
/arch/m68knommu/platform/527x/config.c but I am not sure if this is correct or
exactly how to do so.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.  Thank you

- Dan