Hi Dan,

Dan Snyder wrote:
I am attempting to use the hardware encryption support provided by the 5271 and
am running into this problem. (Access Error Exception when attempting to
read/write from userspace).  How can I modify the kernel to allow access to
0x40000000 through 0x401b009f ?

Section 11.4 of the 5271 RM seems to be what you are looking for.
It describes the access control implemented on this part.

I have been poking through the kernel headers for hours now and I am still
clueless.

You probably won't find anything associated with this in the headers,
since the kernel doesn't generally support any of these types of
features.

 I believe I need to add the address range to
/arch/m68knommu/platform/527x/config.c but I am not sure if this is correct or
exactly how to do so.

config.c would be an ok place to set this. I suspect you want
to add something like:

    writeb(0x04, 0x40000030)

which sets the GPACR0 register to allows kernel and user
modes to have read/write access.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.  Thank you

Regards
Greg