From: uclinux-dev-boun...@uclinux.org [mailto:uclinux-dev-boun...@uclinux.org]
On Behalf Of Adal Alom Rodríguez
Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2009 5:49 AM
To: uClinux development list
Subject: Re: AW: [uClinux-dev] kernel 2.4 and developer environment for newbies

On Thu, 2009-12-10 at 11:49 +0100, Christian Gieseler wrote:
> Hi Adal,
>
> it is difficult to help you if you just say you have problems.
> If you offer more information it someone can maybe help you.

Sorry, my mistake :)

> Which toolchain are you using and which board are you using?
> Maybe you can post the part of the console output where the compile
> process fails and describe whats wrong/not working.

I'm using m68k-uclinux-tools-20061214 and trying to compile a Motorola
M5280.

I've tried successfully to compile an old 2.4 kernel
(uClinux-dist-20040218) with an old tools (m68k-elf-tools-20031003) but
when I tried to add support for IPv4 it complains so I thought this
could be a good point to start working with a newer 2.4 kernel.

So those are my steps:

- install the tools and untar the source
- make xconfig and select freescale, M5282lite, kernel 2.4, uClibc, IPv6
- make dep
- make

And I get this:

inetd.elf2flt: In function `start_services':
/home/aalom/Downloads/dists/uClinux-dist/user/inetd/inetd.c:348:
undefined reference to `in6addr_any'
/home/aalom/Downloads/dists/uClinux-dist/user/inetd/inetd.c:389:
undefined reference to `in6addr_any'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [inetd] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/home/aalom/Downloads/dists/uClinux-dist/user/inetd'
make[2]: *** [inetd] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/aalom/Downloads/dists/uClinux-dist/user'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/aalom/Downloads/dists/uClinux-dist/user'
make: *** [subdirs] Error 1

gcc is 4.4.1 in Ubuntu 9.10

Thank you for your time.