Hi folks,

I have inherited a custom-made pcboard with LPC2468 and
uclinux-dist-20070130 running on it. The previous developer used
vmware with debian running to write the code. And as a part of the
heritage i also have full vmware-image of his dev-environment,
including the source tree, the toolchain, etc. My primary goal at the
moment is to update the toolchain of this dev-env. It means that i
have to fully rebuild the whole source-tree with a new toolchain (the
latest from http://ftp.snapgear.org/pub/snapgear/tools/arm-linux/).
And here the problem is. The first step was to save all configs with
"Update Default Vendor Settings" in menuconfig (configs saved in
vendors/<vendor>/<target-board>). After downloading and copy-pasting
the new toolchain to /usr/local/ (old copy of /usr/local, except
genromfs, was moved to /usr/local-old for obvious reasons)  i runned
next sequence:

"make clean"
"make menuconfig"
"make"

Source tree compiled fine with a new toolchain, Image and romfs.img
files had generated without problems. But then kernel hanged at the
very last stage of booting and didn't invite to type anything into
command promt. Just to be sure I repeated all above but with the old
toolchain. Unfortunately result is the same. And at the moment I have
the issue that kernel get compiled & boots fine till the first "make
clean" & "make". According to

http://docs.blackfin.uclinux.org/doku.php?id=managing_kernel_upgrades

running of menuconfig/"Update Default Vendor Settings" is enough to
save all kernel/processor/board specific information. So what
important files/settings that make kernel successfully booting do I
loose every time after cleaning the source-tree? How do you thing what
the reason of this circus can be?

You may a booting-log in the attachment for the normal kernel.
Abnormal kernel doesn't invite into command promt, as I mentioned
above, so "#" at the very end of the log is absent in this case.

Sorry for a poem, tried to describe the situation as much detailed as I can.

Thank you!

Alexey Goncharov.