A few questions:
I need C++ for Coldfire/uClinux,
   a) Does it already work?
        either in, cvs cvs.uclinux.org:/var/cvs repository?
        or in the svn sources.blackfin.uclinux.org/svn/toolchain/trunk?
(perhaps it made the m68k tool chain work for C++ by side effect?)
        The http://lists.uclibc.org/pipermail/uclibc/2009-April/042347.html
thread seems to have fixed it, for m68k using the bfin line?

   b) If not, where do I start?
        PS I have the idiotic and very ugly way of making it work on m68k with
gcc 4.4.2, basically exposing the _GLOBAL_I_<yukyuk> publicly
        and calling it from code...but that was before I even realized what
elf2flt is.

On a sort-of different note, mostly philosophical, why isn't elf2flt a separate
application that is run after ld? (and would complain if ld left out the reloc
tables (no -r?))
I would seem easier to add a flag to gcc that says there is one more step to
go, than to do the fake out the ld, real-ld, ld.real stuff.  And what file does
gdb read? It must read the output of the normal ld since it still has enough in
it, so you need that file output basically all of the time anyway.
(This question may be better answered as an RTFM....point me to it and I'll
read it)