On Sun, 21 Feb 2010, Greg Holdren wrote:
So I'm guessing no USB serial console unless it has the special chip. Most of the HP ink/laser products I have worked with have dedicated serial port headers.

If you have the patience, see if you can establish a session either using ptal-mlcd (instructions on the wiki at github, though hopefully it won't be as cretinous as the 895c and it'll just work) and try to run some udw.* commands.

If this model has a parallel port there's a chance ptal-mlcd will work on
that as well, or another route is to use the libieee1284 patch and the ecprxtx program in the tools/ directory.

If that works we should be able to take a peek at the fw and see if it is m68k or arm.

--
Brian