Hi,

we're considering to update our linux userland and kernel repository. Currently
we use a slightly adapted uClinux-dist-test-20080620 as a kernel and userland
for our MCF5208 system. So now we want to update both to more recent versions.
As there was a huge amount of work done by Greg, Geert merging m68nommmu and
m68k i am unsure wether it is clever to stick with the kernel distributed in
uClinux-dist-20101026 via Source Forge...
I guess the userland from the current uClinux-dist release would be the best
choice to use.

Where do the patches Greg and Geert create go? Are they in the official kernel
or in Greg's fork?
(git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gerg/m68knommu.git)

As I see the interface between the actual kernel and the uclinux-dist
buildsystem seems to minimal, so basically moving the kernel to the right place
will likely to do the trick, right?

Which kernel should I use for a production system, either cutting edge with
more features but risking problems or stick with an older release maybe still
having unfixed bugs?
Fixes that i've seen are for an example:
- rework ColdFire cacheing code, Greg,  November 11, 2010
- Wrong exception handling on m68knommu Coldfire 5208?, reported by Alexander
Stein, October 7 2010
- Merge m68knommu and m68k
- Coldfire QSPI platform support, Jate/Greg, July 2010 *
- Coldfire QSPI platform support, Jate/Greg, September 2010 *
- coldfire_qspi compile fix, Steven, April 24 2011
- etc.
*) I'm not sure the marked fixed made into the 20101026 distro.

Maybe you can help be out of the confusion.

Anyways whatever kernel is used I will try making it work on our hardware
therefore I will provide patches for QSPI, SST flashes and the MCF-I2C problems
turn up.

Thank you in advance!

Cheers,