Hi all,

(and sorry for my bad english; please ask, if you can't
understand me!)

> I've been hacking on udmsearch to make it do something I need, in case
> someone else is already working on it.  Here is a short description.

This is a good idea.
But only, if Alex will include the new code!

> . I am adding a "searchlist" (as opposed to current stoplist).  I want the
> indexer to index only URLs that has one of the words in my searchlist,
> otherwise it goes on to next URL.

I think, it is better to do first another thing:

We need a slot (or more then one) for these things.
This slot (I 've told Alex this a few days before)
should be called by indexer :

- after receiving the document
- has documented inputs/outputs
- can give back (output) a value index/not index/Slot[number]Weight
[another_number]
- can give back a specific value: detected language or so
- can give back the *filtered* document

This generally slot (interface) can give

- you the chance to implement your searchlist
- other people the chance to implement language detection
- other people the chance to implement content based indexing (not Indexing)
- other people the chance to filter bad things (whatever this means)
and so on.

I hope, you can understand my english.

Bets regards, Martin Ebert