Hi everyone,

I've just got udmsearch going and started to index
some sites, however things did not go as planned and I
had to drop table dict in mysql to stop udmsearch in
midstream (you guys know a better way? - I'm keen to
learn) Anyway, I would like to know a few things to
set myself up better, and yes I have read the
documentation fully.

What is crc in url table for?

Can I use "include servers.conf" or similar to include
a list of servers into the main conf file to make
maintainance easier?

How do I get rid of the crappy text colum in url
because it really sucks... who wants to see:
#
Wednesday, January 05 About Advertising Forums Contact
Customize Downloads Links News Letter News Archive
#
...as a summary of a document? Is there any way to
improve that?

How do I improve the search results by changing
relevance of title and body etc... how effective
actually is this technique?

Is it possable to stop the indexer from indexing
stupid and irrelivant words like "the, it, to, and,
we"
etc etc. Is this what "stopwords" is for and if so how
do I use it?

Is it really neccasary to have a word list of about
250,000 in table dict from just ONE site!?

Why do I get no description and no or only a few
keywords in the respective colums? Are these for meta
tags?

How do I index only certain parts of a site and not
others?

Why if I type www.testdomain.com/ as a server will it
only index index.html or the first page?

Does followoutside no/yes mean follow outside / on the
server or follow outside the server completely to a
whole seperate domain?

Maxhops does not seem to work. I had set it to 256 and
it went on for longer than that.

Thanks heaps for your time,
Billy