On 20 May, Alexander Barkov wrote:
> We may also implement new type of proxy support via external program.
> It might look in indexer.conf like this:
> Exec /usr/local/bin/ftpget $1
>
> Indexer will execute the specified external program to retrive files.
> It is easy enough to implement this. Is there anybody on the list who
> interested in such new feature?

Yes. I was thinking of adding something like this but as a filter by
regex. There are certain parts of my web site which need different
handling from regular files. It's not so much a different retriever
program as being able to specify what parts are stored in the backend.

For instance, I'm indexing the RFC archive as well as a mail archive.
In the case of the RFC archive, I need to specify the title and the
description, while with the mail archive I need to specify the
description.

Both of these can be accomplished by filtering/rewriting before the
indexer parses them.

--
Doug Nazar
Dragon Computer Consultants Inc.