That does not make much sense to me.  Basically I am indexing all the files
in the directories.  Each file is an independent file without links to other
files.

For instance:

www.shadow-lands.com/sml/2000 contains:

    msg00010.html
    msg00011.html

www.shadow-lands.com/sml/1999 contains:

    msg00001.html
    msg00002.html
    msg00003.html
    msg00004.html
    msg00005.html

www.shadow-lands.com/sml/1998 contains:

    msg00006.html
    msg00007.html
    msg00008.html

New messages are always added to the current year.  So msg00012.html will go
in the www.shadow-lands.com/2000 directory.  I want to be able to get
indexer to recognize that I added msg00012.html and index that file without
having to touch the other files.