Hi!

Fredy Kuenzler wrote:

> I'm currently testing 3.1.6-pre2, indexing a big number of
> domains, using the new cache mode. Currently appx. 500'000
> Documents total, 1/3 already indexed, 2/3 still to go.
>
> After indexing overnight with 4 concurrent indexer processes

Cache mode does not support concurrent indexers yet. It is written
in documentation and I wrote about it in announce. So, I'm not
sure that your XX.log file are OK. Several indexer write into it
at same same time.

> (seems to work fine) and running splitter afterwards, I
> expericend a strange issue. It seems, previous queries are still
> beeing cached and won't be updated.
>
> Here is the example:
> Yesterday afternoon I queried "fussball". 49 Results.
> After indexing overnight and splittering, I queried "fussball"
> again. Still 49 Results. If I query "fussball" and "sport", it
> shows more results: fussball: 997 sport: 12881
>
> I checked with different browsers to remove cache entries and
> also with a previously unused proxy server - no difference.

I think that you are using search result cache, it is located in
/usr/local/udmsearch/var/cache/ by default. So, you should clean
it after running splitter.

> You might try it out
> http://potato.webtourist.net/cgi-bin/pftest/search.cgi
> to figure out whether I'm expericening a fata morgana or not :-)
>
> BTW. There is another minor issue in search.cgi: The 2nd page is
> numbered from 1 to 20 instead 21 to 40 and so on (default
> settings).

I can't see this on given URL. Second pages writes "21 to 40" to me.

--
Alexander Barkov
IZHCOM, Izhevsk