Hello,

I tried to compile UdmSearch 3.1.9pl12 (from izhcom.ru/~bar) on
Solaris 2.7 on Sparc, and failed.

(gcc 2.95.2)

Constant INADDR_NONE (used in cache.c, line 52) is undefined under
Solaris. Under linux, it is defined as 0xFFFFFFFF in <netinet/in.h>.
It is used to check inet_addr result, Solaris man says this function
returns -1 in case of failure.

Could you add something like this to udm_common.h:
        /* Solaris is bugware */
#ifndef INADDR_NONE
#define INADDR_NONE (-1)
        or (I don't know if my CPU is 32 or 64 bit, so I think -1 is
        safer than this)
#define INADDR_NONE (0xFFFFFFFF)
#endif

There is no setenv and unsetenv (used in execget.c) is Solaris either
(linux manual says they are in BSD 4.3 standard, not standart in Solaris).
I don't know how to bypass this one.

Teofilis Martisius,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]