I am trying to do something very simple, but cannot seem to make it
work. I want to include Powerpoint files (*.ppt) into the url list, but
instead index an accompanying text file (*.txt), which is simply the
version of the Powerpoint file that has been saved as text only. I would
think the following indexer.conf commands would work to index all the
powerpoint files in http://localhost/test/.

Realm http://localhost/(test/*)\.ppt file:/www/$1\.txt
Disallow *.txt

The disallow is to prevent the text files from being indexed as well. I
want the search results to point at the Powerpoint file, not the text
file. I've tried every variation on the commands that I can think of,
but I still can't get the words in the text files into the database. I
even tried to invoke an external parser just to cat the text file, but
that didn't work either.

Using version 3.1.19 and mysql tables.

many thanks,

Thomas

--
My PGP public key is at
http://wwwkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=index&search=yengst

Thomas R. Yengst            Photon Research Associates, Inc.
(858) 455-9741              5720 Oberlin Drive
(858) 455-0658 fax          San Diego, CA 92121-1723