Hi,

I have convinced the administration to install Solaris on one of our
university's servers. This server is completely student managed. We run our
learning management system on this server. Earlier it was running on Windows
Server 2003 with IIS and MS SQL Server 2005 - the web app was made by our
seniors in ASP.NET. I ported the entire thing to PHP recently (Drupal, to be
specific) and told the administration about the obvious advantages of PHP vs
.NET and Solaris vs Windows.

I am installing OpenSolaris build 95 on this system. It does not have a DVD
drive, so I plugged in a portable USB dvd drive.

The SXCE dvd is throwing up the weirdest error after it shows "Starting
Java..." :

WARNING: /pci at 0,0/pci103c,300a at 1d,7/storage95/disk at 0,0 (sd0):
    SCSI transport failed: reason 'timeout' giving up

It just keeps showing this error every 2 minutes and doesn't move forward
(tried waiting for more than an hour).

Any one has any clue about this? Would be of great help.