Hi,

   I have installed opensolaris 5.11 build 86 on a sony VAIO VGNCR-35G
laptop. I am not getting the GUI. When  I tried

#/usr/X11/bin/Xorg -configure

and then
#/usr/X11/bin/Xorg -config xorg.conf.new

I get the screen with my mouse and keyboard detected but no display..

it says

(EE) Screen 0 is not dri capable

So, I tried disabling dri by commenting out the load dri in xorg.conf.new

still an error shows

screens found but none have a usable configuration

I tired deleting the .xorg.conf file in /etc/X11

Solaris 2008 works perfectly for me. I want to know how does it load the
graphics...
I tried creating the xorg.conf file in OpenSolaris 2008 and the GUI failed.
Buti could not find the xorg.conf file

I dont want 3d effects I just want the basic GUI

--
~ Avinash Joshi
http://avinashjoshi.co.in/