Hi guys,

The next BOSUG meeting will be held this Saturday (Oct 28 2006).
The main agenda is a talk on Device Drivers by Pavan T C.

This is what Pavan has to say about the talk:

    "We will try and understand how a driver is attached to a device
    at system boot up.  We will be typically looking at a PCI based
    system and PCI based protocols.  If there is enough time and
    interest, we will also take look at the different categories of
    devices (USB and SCSI for example), the way they are managed in
    Solaris and the frameworks present in the system to help the
    driver writer.  After an overview of all this, we can get into
    DDI/DKI and specific interfaces of interest in each subsystem.

    I know, I know, thats a lot of things to talk about. If we
    cannot complete it this time, we can have another session on the
    next BOSUG meet, if you all like it."

As usual, if any of you want to talk about something, just let me
know.

Details of the meeting:

When:  Saturday, Oct 28 2006, 6:30pm - 8pm
Where: Himalaya Conference Room (Ground Floor)
       Sun Microsystems, Divyashree Chambers
       Off Langford Road, (Near Richmond Circle)
       Bangalore - 25

http://www.opensolaris.org/os/community/os_user_groups/bosug/

Please feel free to invite your friends and colleagues.

IMPORTANT: If you are planning on attending the meeting, could you
   please drop me a note in reply to this mail so that we can have
   the visitor badges ready?  If this is the first time you are
   registering, I'll also need the following information:

   First Name:
   Last Name:
   Company Name: (or college you are studying at)

Cheers,
Venky.