> On Thu, Oct 26, 2006 at 05:39:30PM +0530, Venky wrote:
> >
> > The next BOSUG meeting will be held this Saturday (Oct 28
> > The 2006)  main agenda  is a  talk on  Device Drivers  by
> > The Pavan T C.

Folks, I am putting this debrief in, because it seems that the
meet this evening  was "rained out", and  attendance was thin.

This is  to place on records  the effort put in  by Pavan. The
talk was  real good, and a  lot of things which  go on between
the hardware, and the kernel  coming into play - was explained
really well.  How the  time flew past  is uncertain.  He could
hold attention for a talk  exceeding an hour. Well done Pavan.
I was quite  impressed with the built in  features of Solaris,
in handling  things at  that level.  It is  obvious, a  lot of
thought has gone into it.

Not much was  discussed on the FOSS  issue, because attendance
was  thinner than  my hair  line !  But then,  hands would  be
needed, and I am sure most people would chip in. On my part, I
am prepared  to lend a  hand in whatever way  deemed suitable.
Ofcourse, I am  available only as a part of  the community (no
black T-shirts please) ...

Best wishes,

Bish