On 5/23/06, Moinak Ghosh <Moinak.Ghosh at sun.com> wrote:
> A new release of BeleniX is available. This one bundles
> the JDK 1.5 under the new Distributors License for Java.
> See https://jdk-distros.dev.java.net/ for more details. At
> present due to a licensing issue with the SUN Studio C++
> runtime the JDK is only available as an installable bundle
> with installer changes to properly install the JDK and the
> required C++ libC patch.

The installer worked fine for me - I knew what to select, etc. We need
to improve on this, so  I'll send my wish list separately.

I had to install the libC++ patch myself:
Download http://patches.sun.com/all_unsigned/119964-06.zip
/usr/bin/patchlibC 119964-06.zip

I then ran setup_jdk, and the jdk was setup well. I'd have loved being
able to ask the installer to install the JDK at /opt, but the present
installer work just fine. JDK works out of the box.

I took Eclipse 3.2 RC4 from
http://ftp.jaist.ac.jp/pub/eclipse/eclipse/downloads/drops/S-3.2RC4-200605121600/eclipse-SDK-3.2RC4-solaris-gtk-x86.zip

Startup time is about 5 seconds.

I'm a bit tired now, and will send my wish list + bug reports later
this week, but it was worth returning to office to install 0.4.3a that
I'd set to download this evening.

Belenix will be my primary OS from now on. I want to get Wine working
so that I can run the Lotus Notes 6.5.2 client on Belenix.

Great work, guys :)

-- Ram