Hi,

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 7:52 PM, Guruprasad <lgp171188 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Works perfectly for me. Thank you. :-)

All the time I had a feeling that something wasn't going to work, but
the installation went off smoothly on my 512 MB RAM machine. But once
I booted into the new installation, it was way too slow to be usable.
At the most I could run one GUI application and the performance was
decent and more than 1 application (even if it is a terminal), it
became barely usable.

Maybe the OpenSolaris developers should've specified that 512 MB RAM
will work ok in text mode and GUI will work decently only in 1 GB+
RAM. Anyone had a better experience with 512 MB RAM?

Funnily, Windows 7 starter version when released is rumoured to limit
the maximum parallely running applications to 3 and OpenSolaris can
run only 1 in GUI mode in my machine with 512 MB RAM. ;-)

I couldn't help comparing this with my favorite Debian which runs
perfectly smoothly in the same machine.

Regards,
Guruprasad.